- Video: Zooey Deschanel Reveals What She Dislikes Most About Pregnancy
- Video: Kerry Washington Says Daughter Isabelle Is In Hiding
- Video: Kylie Jenner Is So Over Homeschooling! Becomes a High School Dropout
- Video: Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt’s First Wedding Photos Revealed
- Video: Newlyweds Jolie And Pitt Nervous To Share The Screen
- Video: JLo’s Strange Custody Demand for Marc Anthony
- Video: Selena Gomez Shares Sweet Photo Of Her Little Sister Gracie
- Video: Kate Middleton and Prince George’s Vacation Gets Off to a Rocky Start
- Video: The Creepy Baby Doll That Didn’t Make It Into Twilight
- Video: The BBC Investigates Hollywood’s Love of Halloween
Why Did Beyonce and Jay-Z Name Their Daughter Blue Ivy? Name Explained!
Why did they name their daughter Blue Ivy?
Here’s the buzz…
Jay-Z’s albums have been called Blueprint, which could explain the name Blue.
As for Ivy, Bey and Jay-Z have a connection to the number 4, which as a roman numeral is IV… which when read as the initials, sounds like Ivy.
Beyonce had explained the significance of the number four in a Billboard interview: “We all have special numbers in our lives, and 4 is that for me. It’s the day I was born. My mother’s birthday, and a lot of my friends’ birthdays, are on the fourth; April 4 is my wedding date.”
Plus, Jay-Z’s birthday is on December 4 and Beyonce’s latest album is entitled “4.”
Hey, at least they didn’t name her Four, right?
What do you think of the name Blue Ivy?